- Wakefield was established in 1989 and employs 439 employees.
- Wakefield is the largest soft drinks plant by volume in Europe.
- We have seven manufacturing lines and two pre-form injection lines
- We can produce 6,000 cans of soft drink every minute - that's 100 per second.
- We can also produce 3,200 PET* bottles every minute.
- Our site covers an area the size of 33 football pitches.
- Since 2007, we've invested over £60 million to make Wakefield one of the fastest producers of soft drinks in the world.
- Since 2006 we've reduced our water consumption ratio by ten per cent.
- Wakefield has the capability to produce 100 million plus cases per year.
Reducing our impact on the environment
We've reduced our energy consumption by 21.5% since 2006.
We've done this by investing in a sophisticated 'Monitoring and Targeting' system. We have installed over 80 separate meters providing detailed energy consumption data for equipment,process and production lines across the site at five minute intervals.
This enables us to pinpoint where energy is being consumed, and focus our energy reduction programmes in the right areas.
The team also runs programmes to raise awareness amongst employees to ensure the equipment is run asefficiently as possible, and minimal energy is wasted.
In addition, we blow our own plastic bottles on site from small injection moulded components called 'preforms',which we also manufacture here on site. We make over 450 million of these every year, which is much more efficient than having them produced elsewhere and then transported to the site.
Coca-Cola,Coca-Cola Life, Coca-Cola Zero, Diet Coke, Dr Pepper, Sprite, Lilt, Fanta, Relentless, Schweppes, Oasis
Additional brands & flavours produced: Cherry Coke, Diet Cherry Coke, Diet Coke Citrus Zest, Dr Pepper Zero, Fanta Zero, Sprite Zero, Lilt Zero,Oasis Extra Light, Cresta, Relentless Juiced.
Packaging: Aluminium cans: 330ml, 500 ml; PET bottles: 500ml, 1.25 litre, 1.5 litre, 2 litre, 3 litre; bottle pre-forms.
All brand names are registered trademarks of their respective owners.
*PET stands for Polyethylene Terephthalate, the plastic we use to make our bottles.
Coca-Cola Enterprises Ltd
Wakefield Industrial Park
Wakefield WF2 0XR
Telephone: 01924 829966