- Edmonton was established in 1974 and we have 183 employees.
- We have five manufacturing lines.
- We produce 47 million cases each year.
- Edmonton was the first Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) site in Great Britain to have blow fill technology installed -this is where the same machine blows the bottles and fills them with product, saving space and energy.
- We have the capability to despatch 220 bulk deliveries from our warehouse every 24 hours.
- The Edmonton manufacturing site can produce up to 142,000 litres of drink per hour.
- We have the fastest performing large PET* line in Great Britain, peaking at 120,000 cases in 24 hours.
- Our ASRS (Automated Storage & Retrieval System) is one of the largest in CCE, capable of storing 24,000 pallets of finished product.
Reducing our impact on the environment
At Edmonton, we have reduced our energy consumption by 27% since 2008, and we currently have the lowest energyuse ratio in CCE Great Britain, using on average only 61.26 kWhs to produce 1,000 litres of product. This is due to North London Operations embracing a variety of environmental projects to reduce our energy and water use.
For example, instead of water, we use deionised air to rinse bottle pre-forms on our PET carbonate lines. Bottle pre-forms are ready-formed plastic, which need to be filled with high pressure air by 'blowing' machines in order to turn them into full-size PET bottles. These empty bottles are then filled with product, either by the same machine - known as a 'blow fill' - or by a different machine - known as a 'filler'. We operate air recovery systems on our blow fill lines to capture and reusethe air used to blow the bottles, therefore saving energy.
Edmonton also operates optimised water treatment processes to increase the time between equipment regenerations and washes, which means that our water usage is reduced.
These initiatives are just some examples of the energy-saving projects we have implemented, all of which help reduce the carbon footprint of our plant.
Coca-Cola, Coca-Cola Zero, Diet Coke, Dr Pepper, Sprite, Lilt, Fanta, Schweppes, Oasis
Packaging: Glass: 330ml; PET*: 375ml, 500ml, 1 litre, 1.5 litre, 2 litre, 3 litre
All brand names are registered trademarks of their respective owners.
* PET stands for Polyethylene Terephthalate, the plastic we use to make our bottles.
Large PET refers to PET bottles of 1 litre or more.
Coca-Cola Enterprises Ltd
Eley Trading Estate